Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Terse Existence"


(CLICK IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW)
Medium(s): Bic Pen

- - -
A pretty spontaneous composition I did that took about 2 1/2-3 hours using a regular black bic pen. Lately I've been combining my ideology for Indigasphyxia with some morbid and gothic elements to convey Indigenous assimilation. I entitled this "terse existence" to show that cultured life for most Native people is cut short (not so much abruptly, but chronically) as American and social radioactive temptations and mentality infect the Indigenous mind. They, in time, become diluted from these outside influences subconsciously to where it becomes all they know. Right or wrong, its what they know, what they are comfortable with, and what they can fit into with other people. I also consider this a human "stochastic matrix" almost, where regardless of what P is, it fits into the concealed and grouped matrix.
He's holding his braid he cut off to show my favorite and personal choice of direct assimilation. The syringes are a more chronic and over-time effect of assimilation, hence the "terse" aspect of it. The wires that lead from the head are a direct mind-feeding and mind-control aspect of assimilation, which is the root of it all. Assimilation is solely mental and visual. I also used these "feeding tubes" as a means of constricting the body to the chair, but not in a sense that it binds him like a prisoner. Instead of showing enslavement directly from the tubes, I feel that assimilation isn't a painful or hindering bind, but a more unnoticeable one to where it doesn't affect your movement directly, but keeps you in one place...in a chair.
The idle bottles and cans of alcohol that sit off to the side are obviously tools to help someone to lose their self-control, self-awareness, and is a social means of bonding and fitting in. I refuse to use realism on alcohol, and will always cover the containers in black with traditional white lightning bolts and hailstones; traditionally how we artistically conveyed evil when telling visual stories. Alcohol feeds assimilation. It is technically a poison as well as a mind alteration that can lead to uncontrollable behavior, loss of ones personality, and even death. It is an evil temptation, and a modern evil that will always be conveyed by me as such in the way my people always have shown it.


"Cold
Blue
Lifeless
Deathless
Illuminated by the machines
That hold you on this side
Anger or fear
So calm
Unaffected I cease to live
I fear my infection
Watching over your soul as you sleep
Injecting nightmares as you sleep
All I want is your purity
All I want in this world is your mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment